Vision Team Charter
1. Team Purpose
“Cast a vision that ensures NBC stewards God’s provision of Time, Tools, and Talent in a manner that glorifies Him and leads to kingdom growth.”
“Our mission is to help NBC align investments, engagements and activities in order to support long term stability.”
3. Team Goals
- Develop a Vision Statement that reflects our Church’s love for Jesus – our church family – our community
- Ensure NBC’s physical campus provides a safe, welcoming and functional community experience.
- Develop a strategic plan for NBC investments, engagements and activities to be consistent with sustainable resourcing strategies.
- Exercise responsibilities using NBC’s oversight structures and decision processes in a deliberative, predictable and transparent manner.
4. Team Roles
Internal to the Team:
- Champion – Tom Bary
- Team Leader – Pat Shea
- Facilitator – Diane Denslow
- Timekeeper – Steve Jones
- Scribe (s) – Tina Taylor, Rich Trendel, Barry Harmer
- Team Members – When not serving in a titled role
External to the Team
- Communicate – Serve as a conduit for routine communications concerning the team’s progress.
- Plan – Develop a kingdom growth strategic plan that is obedient to our commission, engages our family, stewards our resources and reaches our community.
- Represent – Participate as advisors to NBC standing governance structures :
- Church Council
- Stewardship Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Missions Committee
- Building & Grounds Committee
- Nominating Committee
5. Meeting Ground Rules
- Pray for each other
- Show up to the meeting on time
- Respect the opinions of others
- Agree to turn off our phones and not use technology use during meetings
- Respect other members by refraining from side talk
- Commit to completing team assignments by the agreed upon time-frame
- Refrain from discussing any conflict within the group outside of team meetings
6. Charter Review
- Next review 90 days following congregational approval